Drunken Apricot Lamb Chops
- 6 lamb chops
- 4 apricots pitted and peeled
- 1 1/2 shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup pinot noir or use low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter, divided
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a food processor, place next 10 ingredients (apricots through cinnamon); blend until smooth then pour mixture over lamb chops.
- Seal bag and turn several times to coat lamb chops with marinade.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, remove lamb chops from marinade (reserving marinade in a bowl). Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or grass-fed butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb chops and sear for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee or grass-fed butter to the pan along with reserved marinade.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat (adding more wine and butter if you wish) and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve lamb chops topped with an apricot/wine reduction.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad of Romaine lettuce and salad veggies of your choice, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 580 Calories; 45g Fat (74.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 790mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!