Double Cheeseburger Pie
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pancake mix I use whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion and seasonings over medium-high heat; drain excess grease with paper towels.
- Add oatmeal while still hot. Spread mixture in prepared pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and pancake mix until well blended; pour over ground beef mixture in the pie pan then bake, uncovered, for approximately 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove pie from oven and top with cheese while hot. Bake for another 5 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before digging in!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed kale. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground beef. KOSHER: Skip the cheese or use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure oatmeal and pancake mix are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 380 Calories; 21g Fat; 23g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 164mg Cholesterol; 411mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!