Dijon Crab Cakes
- 16 ounces fresh crab meat
- 1/2 cup Paleo mayo*
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven broiler. In a large bowl, place all ingredients except butter.
- Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls; slightly flatten them into “cakes” then brush them with the melted butter.
- Arrange crab cakes on a baking sheet and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and Roma tomatoes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 465 Calories; 37g Fat; 31g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 187mg Cholesterol; 1252mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!