- 1 1/3 pounds pork roast
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Marinate pork overnight for tomorrow’s meal.
- Place pork in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pork in a roasting pan (reserving marinade) and roast for 45 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees. Allow roasted pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced pork with sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed baby red potatoes instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use one whole chicken, cut up, instead of pork roast. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 244 Calories; 14g Fat; 23g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 68mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Point: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!