Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 8 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a little “bite” - can be eliminated if desired
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Toss together bacon, cheese, onion and flour; spread on the bottom of the pie plate.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together, then beat in milk, cayenne pepper and salt; pour over bacon mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let quiche stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots and some whole grain rolls. KOSHER: Use soy bacon OR skip the bacon altogether. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 286 Calories; 18g Total Fat; 21g Protein; 1g Dietary Fiber; 10g Carbohydrate; 239mg Cholesterol; 930mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!