Crockpot Beef and Veggie Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 14.5-oz. cans beef broth
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with garlic undrained
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and brown beef, salt and peppering to taste. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add water to skillet, scraping up all the brown bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Place vegetables in a large crockpot; add meat, then cover with the water from the skillet. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours, or until veggies are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a spinach salad. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 284 Calories; 15g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 819mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!