Crock Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- Heat the oil and butter together in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion and garlic till onion is translucent; add mushrooms and cook till well wilted and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker; add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 7 hours. Add the half and half during the last hour and serve when nice and hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad and a relish tray of cherry tomatoes, green onions, celery sticks, radishes and pitted black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some crusty bread. KOSHER: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 203 Calories; 15g Fat; 8g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 632mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!