Coconut Wasabi Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through ginger) until well blended; pour mixture over shrimp and toss to coat well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp; sear for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque. Add coconut milk mixture and heat through. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 311 Calories; 11g Fat; 46g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 807mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!