Coconut Lime Ginger Chicken
- 2 tablespoons peeled, roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup diced onion
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 4-pound chicken rinsed and patted dry
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a blender, place the chopped ginger, along with the next four ingredients (lime juice through coconut milk). Blend until smooth.
- Into a Dutch oven, place the chicken. Pour the coconut mixture over the chicken. Place lime slices on top of chicken and position cilantro around the sides of the chicken in the sauce.
- Cover Dutch oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Serve chicken with coconut sauce from the pan.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 488 Calories; 35g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!