Coconut Curry Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 8-oz. bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine seasonings (crushed red pepper flakes through black pepper); sprinkle over pork chops then gently massage mixture into the meat.
- Place chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add the coconut milk, seal the bag and gently massage the coconut milk into the meat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve pork chops over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 400 Calories; 30g Fat; 31g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!