Cilantro and Chili Pork Patties
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 eggs beaten
- Small bunch cilantro chopped
- Small bunch mint finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce divided*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large English cucumber thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients along with half of the chili sauce; blend well then shape mixture into 4 patties and place them to firm up on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 35 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- At time of cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork patties (in batches if necessary) and cook for 5 minutes per side or until browned on the outsides and cooked through; transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve patties topped with remaining chili sauce and sliced cucumber.
- *Often found in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add warmed, buttered corn tortillas. KOSHER: Use ground chicken instead of ground pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sweet chili sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 562 Calories; 45g Fat; 33g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 229mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!