Chunky Chicken and Veggie Soup
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 3/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 green onions sliced
- 43.5 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add chicken; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper, celery and green onions. Cook and stir for 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add broth, water, carrots, half and half, parsley, thyme and black pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
NUTRITION: 119 Calories; 4g Fat; 16g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 469mg Sodium. EX1changes: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!