Chinese New Year Crock Cooker Beef
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless beef top round cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini halved lengthwise then sliced crosswise 3/4" thick
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- In a skillet, heat the oils together over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, half at a time; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink (do not overcook!). Add the garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Transfer beef and garlic to a slow cooker; salt and pepper to taste and top with zucchini.
- In the same skillet, combine broth, bell pepper and ground ginger.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium low for just a minute; pour broth mixture over the top of the beef and zucchini in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until beef is fork-tender. One hour before serving time, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Keep the lid off of the slow cooker to help the liquid thicken, otherwise, place mixture in a large saucepan
NUTRITION: Per Serving: 322 Calories; 20g Total Fat; 23g Protein; 2g Dietary Fiber; 12g Carbohydrate; 72mg Cholesterol; 747mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!