Chicken Tacos with Avocado Yogurt Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cumin + 1 teaspoon
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 large whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat, add garlic and red onion, cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet add chicken and 1 tablespoon cumin and cook 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon cumin, lime juice, avocado, yogurt, cilantro, jalapeno and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, to make avocado sauce. Stir to combine.
- Fill tortilla with chicken, add onions and top with avocado sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Spinach Salad - Spinach, salad veggies and dressing all tossed together. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken breasts with Portobello mushroom caps. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek yogurt and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 525 Calories; 16g Fat (26.8% calories from fat); 61g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 550mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!