- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 2 large onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados chopped
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- tabasco to taste
- In a large slow cooker, add first 12 ingredients (olive oil through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve stew with avocado, lime wedge and tabasco.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warm Buttered Corn Muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 340 Calories; 16g Fat (38.8% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 379mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!