Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 6 medium mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large crock cooker on HIGH heat setting, place chicken thighs on bottom.
- Add remaining ingredients on top, from garlic through thyme and stir.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6 hours. Serve soup hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (directions on Day 1) NUTRITION: 162 Calories; 11g Fat (60.2% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 772mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!