Cheesy Chicken Schnitzel
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded flat
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- Lemon wedges
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper. Line another sheet pan with paper towels. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In 3 separate shallow dishes, place 1) the flour; 2) the eggs mixed with the mustard and 3) the Parmesan cheese. Dredge each chicken piece in the flour (shaking off excess), dip into egg mixture, coating evenly, then carefully press into the cheese, coating thoroughly. Transfer to the wax paper-lined sheet pan.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 of the coated chicken breast halves; cook until golden (8 to 10 minutes) then transfer to the paper towel-lined sheet pan. Repeat this process with remaining chicken breast halves. To serve, garnish chicken with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Use dry breadcrumbs instead of Parmesan cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 554 Calories; 24g Fat; 55g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 236mg Cholesterol; 678mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!