- 2/3 cup cashew pieces crushed
- 4 4 to 5-oz. fillets firm white fish fresh or frozen, your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cashew pieces into a blender or food processor and grind them up into a cashew “flour”.
- Mix cashew flour with paprika; place on a pie plate or serving platter.
- Place beaten egg on another plate.
- Salt and pepper fish and put the ghee in a large skillet over low heat to begin to melt it.
- Dip the fish pieces into the egg, then dredge in the spiced cashew flour.
- Place fish in skillet and raise heat to medium-high; and cook until done, about 3 minutes per side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed asparagus and big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: PER SERVING: 285 Calories; 18g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 137mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!