Cajun Salmon Sandwiches
- 6 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning divided, more or less to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 6 salmon fillets
- 6 French rolls lightly toasted, remove some of inside breading
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with 1 to 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning; taste; add salt, pepper or more Cajun seasoning as desired; set aside.
- Lightly oil both sides of salmon fillets and sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning (the more you add, the hotter it becomes, so be careful!).
- Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, then turn and finish cooking. Cooking time will vary, based on thickness of fish and the heat of the pan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of reserved mayonnaise mixture on each French roll; top each with a blackened salmon fillet, 2 slices of tomato and 1/6 of the shredded cabbage; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Oven Fries on the side (scrub russet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with a little olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a 425-degree oven, turning once; season with salt and pepper to taste); add a bowl of raw baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use breaded faux meat patties instead of salmon. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayo and Cajun seasoning are gluten-free. Substitute gluten-free rolls. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 373 Calories; 11g Fat; 30g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 1371mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!