Buttery Chicken Tandoori
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot; add the onion and cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Slowly stir in the curry powder then add the chicken cubes and cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Add cashews, yogurt and spinach; simmer for 3 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Add a side of steamed broccoli rabe. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Replace yogurt with canned, unsweetened coconut milk with a squeeze of lemon juice. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, broth and yogurt are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 367 Calories; 15g Fat; 45g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 256mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!