Ground Bison and Root Veggie Hash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground bison
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped parsnips
- 1/2 cup chopped turnips
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the bison, garlic and scallions and cook for 5 minutes, until meat is browned.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 5 ingredients (carrots through salt and pepper) and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until bison is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed baby greens tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 203 Calories; 6g Fat (25.7% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!