- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 2 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Melt the coconut oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots; sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mushrooms; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until they begin to brown. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Next, add ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat begins to brown.
- Sprinkle meat with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper then stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and meat is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Zucchini Pasta (cut zucchini lengthwise into thin strips and stir-fry in olive oil over medium-high heat till just slightly limp). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 790 Calories; 61g Fat; 43g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 170mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 21
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!