Balsamic California Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts or your favourite sprouts
- 1/3 cup cooked and chopped bacon
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop bacon.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette; blend well then set aside.
- Brush all sides of chicken with melted coconut oil then evenly season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together remaining salad ingredients (mixed greens through bacon).
- Chop the cooked chicken and add it to the salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over the top and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: You really don’t have to add anything to this complete meal. NUTRITION Per Serving: 660 Calories; 41g Fat; 50g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 925mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!