Baked Herbed Fishe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 halibut fillets fresh or frozen, or other firm-fleshed white fish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute celery, onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, tarragon, basil and milk; blend well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted. DO NOT BOIL!
- Place fish in a baking dish and spoon the sauce evenly over the top. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use almond flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 250 Calories; 13g Fat; 26g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol;202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!