Bacon Avocado and Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced thyme
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook bacon for 5 minutes, then add shallot and cook for 5 more minutes, until shallot is tender and bacon is very crispy.
- Into a large baking dish, using a slotted spoon, spoon bacon mixture.
- To the baking dish, add the remaining 7 ingredients (sweet potatoes through avocado) and stir. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, uncover baking dish and bake for 5 minutes, until golden brown on top and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 665 Calories; 50g Fat (67.3% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1407mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!