Asian Pork Burgers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallots chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 red chilis seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 buns grilled
- In a large blender or food processor, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallots, 1/2 cup cilantro, zest of the lime, ginger, garlic, chilies and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Blend 1 minute.
- Mix ground pork and blender mixture together and form 6 burgers.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat and sear pork burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side until pork is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, remaining cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine. Serve burgers on the bun with cilantro lime mayonnaise.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Coleslaw - Use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar. VEGETARIAN: Replace ground pork with Portobello mushroom caps. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayo and buns are gluten free. NUTRITION: 552 Calories; 39g Fat (62.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 366mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!