Apple Rosemary Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 4-pound beef pot roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups apple
- 1 small onion chopped
- In a large skillet over high heat, add coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the roast and brown each side for 5 minutes.
- To a large crock cooker add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Place roast in crock cooker and cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours, until roast is very tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of Roasted Veggies (Toss any root vegetable (except white potatoes) or combination – plus large Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise, cauliflower or broccoli (all should be the same size – beets take a little longer to cook) in olive oil, salt, pepper and choice of herbs/spices (if desired). Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast in a preheated 400-degree oven, turning once, until tender.) NUTRITION: 289 Calories; 21g Fat (65.6% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!