Apple and Root Hash
- 2 medium apples cored and chopped
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 medium beets peeled and diced
- 1 acorn squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 links chicken sausages
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients except oil.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Pour mixture into pan and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken sausage is cooked through and veggies are tender. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!