Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper roasted and sliced
- 8 large kale leaves, steamed
- 1 large avocado ripe, mashed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through salt and pepper). Form groundturkey into 4 round patties. Heat grill pan, or skillet, to medium-high heat and coat with the oliveoil before you place turkey burgers on the grill pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meatis no longer pink in the center.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the ghee. To the skillet, add the onion, pepper andsea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables aretender.
- Layer a kale leaf, turkey burger, pepper mixture, avocado and top with a second kale leaf foreach serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!