Stuffed Apple Pork Tenderloin
- 1 large apple peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 2-3 pound boneless pork loin
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (or use bone broth)
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- In a medium bowl mix first 5 ingredients.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly pork loin. Place apple mixture inside the pork loin and roll up. Wrap pork in cooking twine to keep it closed.
- In a small bowl mix salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and parsley flakes. Rub mixed spices onpork and place in a large crock cooker. Pour broth into the crock cooker, add greens, and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours or cook on HIGH for 3-5 hours (until meat is very fork tender and cookedthrough). Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!