Skirt Steaks Tar-tines with Roasted Peppers and Blue Cheese
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 bell peppers seeded and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 6 slices thick country bread toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In an indoor grill pan, grill meat over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute peppers 12 to 15 minutes until fork tender, stir in capers, basil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and saute 2 to 3 minutes until warm.
- Slice steak and place on toasted bread, top with peppers and blue cheese and heat in oven 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big tossed salad VEGETARIAN: Use portabello mushroom caps in place of steak GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free bread NUTRITION: 458 Calories; 26g Fat (52.1% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 414mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!