Roasted Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large shallot minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (shrimp through lemon zest).
- In a large roasting pan, pour the contents of the bowl. Place pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- In a food processor, place the cauliflower and pulse until a grit-like consistency is reached.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the grits. Cook for 5 minutes, until grits are tender. Serve grits with shrimp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. NUTRITION: 191 Calories; 9g Fat (42.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 181mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!