Roast Lemon Garlic Lemon Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add first 8 ingredients (chicken through honey) and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large roasting pan, add marinated chicken and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium sauce pan, add any juice from roasting pan, half and half and mustard and simmer over medium heat 5 to 7 until slightly thickened. Serve chicken with sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus VEGETARIAN: Tofu chicken substitute GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Dijon mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: 354 Calories; 9g Fat (25.8% calories from fat); 56g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 233mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!