Pork and Sweet Potato Tacos
- 2 poblano peppers seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 6 corn tortillas warmed
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- On a large baking sheet, place poblano peppers and broil for 8 to 10 minutes until blackened.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and saute sausages, onion, garlic, potatoes and sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste, for 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add broth and poblano peppers, and cook 10 to 12 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Fill each tortilla and top with cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad. VEGETARIAN: Omit sausages add 3 additional sweet potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausage is gluten free. NUTRITION: 315 Calories; 19g Fat (54.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 27mg Cholesterol; 329mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!