Pesto Chicken with Mashed Cauliflower
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced and divided
- ½ cup basil chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large head cauliflower steamed
- ½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano minced
- In a blender, blend the first 4 ingredients (lemon juice and 2 cloves garlic through salt and pepper) until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until brown.
- To the chicken, add the pesto and spinach, and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- In a mixer, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve chicken with mashed cauliflower.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!