Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- Heat grill to medium- high heat.
- Rub chicken with oil and salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center. Allow chicken to cool then cut in half.
- Place the chicken over lettuce.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and spoon over the chicken and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 191 Calories; 5g Fat (24.3% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!