“Mile High” Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado mashed
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small onion sliced
- Heat grill pan, or skillet, to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through oregano). Form turkey mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until burgers are cooked through.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the mushrooms.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 4 ingredients (avocado through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer mushroom, spinach, burger, guacamole, and onion and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!