Meatball and Veggie Stir Fry with Coconut Gravy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup low sodium beef broth or bone broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat mixture into medium-sized meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- To the meatballs, add the mushrooms, celery, onion, and cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (coconut milk through green onion).
- Pour sauce over meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!