- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 large parnsips peeled and chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 12-oz. beer
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add beef and flour. Stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the beef for 3 to 5 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add beef and next 10 ingredients (onions through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until beef is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a crusty loaf of bread. VEGETARIAN: Omit beef, at and add additional potatoes and parsnips. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: 493 Calories; 22g Fat (42.0% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!