Greek Beef and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons ghee divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini ends trimmed, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 2.25-oz. cans sliced Kalamata olives chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients (basil through salt and pepper).
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the steak strips, rubbing in to help the flavors penetrate the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of ghee over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef strips approximately 1-2 minutes each side, until brown.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining ghee in a separate large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, and then add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and bell pepper, and cook 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives, and continue cooking 3-4 minutes, until all vegetables are softened.
- Serve vegetables alongside steak.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!