Fish and Vegetables with Basil-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 medium onions cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes halved
- 3 large avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 wild caught firm fresh white fish fillets 6-ounce
- 6 cups spinach
- Heat a grill pan or skillet to high heat. In a large bowl mix the onions and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Place onions in pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until both sides are lightly charred.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, olive oil, salt and pepper, tomatoes, avocados, basil and lime juice. Toss vegetables and set aside.
- Rub fish with the remaining coconut oil and salt and pepper. Place on hot grill pan or skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve fish warm with the vegetables and spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!