Crispy Almond Crusted Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- In a shallow bowl, add coconut milk. In a separate bowl, add the next 6 ingredients (almond flour through dill) and stir to combine.
- Coat each chicken breast with coconut milk, and then dredge in the almond flour mixture covering each breast well. Set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with coconut oil. Using aluminum foil, make packets by folding a square of foil in half, crimping the two side edges and leaving the tops open. Place the coated chicken inside each packet and fold the top to seal.
- In a medium bowl, toss together asparagus, sea salt, pepper and olive oil, coating asparagus well.
- In a grill plate/basket add seasoned asparagus and place on grill for 5 to 6 minutes, or until soft; remove and set aside.
- Place seasoned chicken packets on grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side; remove from grill, set aside and let cool slightly before opening the packets and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 640 Calories; 40g Fat (54.9% calories from fat); 61g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!