Cornmeal Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- 7 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 pounds cod or any other firm fleshed white fish, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small dill pickle minced
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, add cornmeal, flour, red pepper flakes, thyme and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In another separate large bowl, add yogurt.
- Dip the fish in the yogurt, then the cornmeal mix and place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients (mayonnaise through capers). Stir to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed broccoli and rice. VEGETARTIAN: Use Tempeh. NUTRITION: 249 Calories; 9g Fat (31.6% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 291mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!