Coconut Mushroom Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through garlic powder instead of 6 (beef through cilantro)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- Pour the coconut milk and mushrooms over the meatballs and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and mushrooms are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.) NUTRITION: 460 Calories; 38g Fat (75.2% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 93mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!