Citrus and Sundried Tomato Pesto Flank Steak
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except steak. It’s usually best to add oil in a gentle stream while other ingredients are blending.
- Once smooth, slather all sides of the steak in the pesto and place in crock cooker (adding any remaining pesto on top).
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 5 hours, or until the steak is cooked tender.
- Chop and serve in lettuce leaves as tacos or to top any summer salad.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!