Chicken Fried “Rice” with Fresh Cilantro
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Roughly chop cauliflower florets and place in a large food processor.
- Pulse until the texture resembles rice. Remove cauliflower and squeeze with paper towels to remove excess water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the next 4 ingredients (coconut aminos through ginger) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok, over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots, cooking until they begin to soften. Then add peas and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add two more tablespoons of coconut oil. Add chicken, cooking 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from heat and add the chicken to the reserved vegetable mixture.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining coconut oil. Add the cauliflower rice and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring only once or twice, until cauliflower has browned and become crispy.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and create an opening in the middle of the cauliflower and add the eggs.
- Immediately begin stirring the eggs around to quickly scramble and distribute among the cauliflower.
- Once eggs are cooked, about 1-2 minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and add reserved vegetables, chicken and the sauce mixture to the pan. Stir well to combine and serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!