Chicken Breast and Kale Stir Fry with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender and caramelized.
- To the skillet, add the chicken, kale and mushrooms and stir.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Transfer chicken mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients and turn heat up to high.
- Bring balsamic mixture to a boil then reduce to low and whisk periodically for 10 minutes, until balsamic mixture has reduced to half.
- To the reduction sauce, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!