Cauliflower and Shrimp Chowder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth (or use bone broth)
- 2 14-oz. cans unsweetened coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ pound wild caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked cauli rice
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the leek and garlic and cookfor 5 minutes, until tender. To the leek mixture, add the next 4 ingredients (broth through lemonzest) and cover. Bring to a boil, then add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until shrimp is opaque and pink and vegetables aretender. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!