Bison Burgers Topped with Cauliflower Salsa
- 1 pound ground bison
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the bison with the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until bison is cooked to desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients (cauliflower florets through shallot) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon salsa on top of burgers and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet Potato Fries (Peel and cut sweet potatoes into “fries”. In a large bowl add sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together. On a baking sheet, place season fries and bake for 20 to 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven, turning once, until tender in the middle and crispy on the outside. NUTRITION: 167 Calories; 5g Fat (26.7% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!