Beef Marinated “Fajitas”
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 large limes zested and juiced
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 2 medium jalapeños stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Place the skirt steak in the bag, press out the excess air and seal. Lightly massage the bag to make sure the marinade coats the meat and then refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee and then place the steak in the pan. Sear 5 minutes each side and remove from the pan. Set aside and cover with foil to rest.
- Meanwhile, add the sliced bell peppers, onion and jalapeños to the skillet. Add the reserved marinade that was used for the meat and sauté vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes. Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain and place on a large serving plate.
- Top with the cooked fajita vegetables and avocado slices. Serve over fresh spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!